Current Job Postings
Wage: $15.80 an hour
Deadline to Apply: Midnight on Oct. 3, 2018
Important: Email an Official KLCAS Application for Employment and a resume to mslinker@KLCAS.org. Candidates will NOT be considered without both documents.
The Family Navigator position provides a direct connection to the KLCAS goal of Strengthening and Educating Families in alignment with our mission.
Job Duties and Specific Tasks
- Engage the family at their current level; identify and build on their skills and strengths.
- Determine and connect families with resources and services to negate further involvement with DHS-Child Welfare.
- Advocate and facilitate with clients at meetings and appointments as needed.
- Help families reach appointments, complete paperwork, be prepared for meetings, and meet deadlines.
- Work with families to build trust and see real participation.
- Help parents/families build skills, make better choices, and become better informed of the expectations and goals needed to keep their children in the home.
- Help alleviate duplication of services and overwhelming the family with a multitude of commitments.
- Provide immediate relief if needed of necessities. (Example: diapers, personal hygiene products, food, transportation needs.)
- Identify and track interventions and outcomes.
- Have a working understanding of contracts, process billing, and tracking client emergency fund accounts.
- Must be able to maintain records, complete reports on time, and implement program policies and procedures.
- Work closely with DHS and other community partners to insure risk factors are alleviated for long lasting results.
- Learn, understand, and comply with KLCAS mission and programs.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Preferred: Bachelor’s degree plus two years of work experience required or 4 years of work experience and two years’ of academic work in one of the following areas: Social Services, Human Services, Case Management, or a related field.
- Prior to date of hire and throughout employment:
- Valid driver’s license.
- Proof of current auto insurance. Must provide current liability insurance.
- Access to reliable transportation required.
- Must be able to satisfactory pass DHS background check
- Ability to speak and write fluently in Spanish a plus
- Protects organization’s value by keeping client, employee, and proprietary information confidential. A signed confidentiality agreement will be required.
Complies with all KLCAS Policies and Procedures as stated in the company handbook and department documents.
This job description doesn’t imply an employment contract, nor is it intended to include every duty, task or instruction for which the employee is responsible. Other tasks may be assigned, based on business needs and the department supervisor’s request.
KLCAS provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, disability, genetics, or any other classification protected by law. In addition to federal law requirements, KLCAS complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.